Many parents consider getting their child a phone for a number of reasons. Several questions might arise before you settle on the right phone. But what kind of…
Whether you are embarking on your first business venture or you’ve had many other start-ups, there are bound to be challenges. It’s just the nature of business. If…
Did you know that there are many advantages to wearing compression legwear? If you are an athlete, you know that compression garments can help you feel better, and these garments provide numerous health benefits. What are the 5 advantages of compression legwear?
1. Reduces your risk of thrombosis in the leg. A condition known as thrombosis in the leg is also known as “Deep Vein Thrombosis” or DVT. This means that a blood clot has been formed deep in the vein in your leg. You would experience some pain and swelling in the area where the blood clot occurs. Wearing compression legwear may prevent you from developing a blood clot because the compression stockings or socks apply graduated pressure to your leg.
2. Reduces fatigue in your legs. Another great benefit of wearing compression legwear is to reduce fatigue in your legs. If you work in a profession that forces you to stand on your feet for several hours per day, this means that wearing compression legwear could be for you. Those who work in retail, nursing, teaching, or other professions that cause you to stand for several hours can benefit from wearing compression legwear.
3. Reduces your symptoms from varicose veins. Varicose veins are caused by the backup of blood flow in your legs. The blood flow can be improved when you choose to wear compression legwear. There are now many clinics that offer injections and other treatments for varicose veins, as well as reducing the appearance of varicose veins. Wearing compression legwear can help you reduce the pain and swelling associated with varicose veins, and it may prevent new ones from forming.
4. Heals venous ulcers. If you have ulcers that have developed in your veins, wearing compression legwear can help heal those ulcers. This may also prevent venous ulcers from returning if you use your compression legwear consistently. Studies have shown that the use of compression legwear may prevent recurring ulcers, compared to those who did not use compression legwear at all.
5. Swelling in the ankles. The use of compression legwear may also reduce swelling in your ankles. You may experience the buildup of fluid around your ankles due to high sodium or any number of reasons. The squeezing that results from your compression legwear can reduce the pain that is caused by the swelling, as well as prevent it from getting worse.
There are many advantages to wearing compression legwear, and they can be a consistent part of your daily dressing routine. You can wear compression legwear at any age. Compression has always been recommended to reduce pain and swelling for everyone.